James aka Lyfe of Jimmy on Instagram (@lyfe_of_jimmy) is an electric skateboarder riding around San Diego, California. Find out where he rides and what community he's part of.
- What PEV(s) are you riding? Currently Riding the Evolve Hadean Carbon Series
- How did you get into riding it? I was riding the carbon GTR as my first PEV, It was an easy choice to upgrade to the Hadean.
- How are you protecting yourself when riding? Currently being protected by Beyond Riders Gear Jackets. I have the full red, and the midnight ride winter 2023 collection. The jacket was custom made by Beyond Riders Jacket to show style with riding. Even though it was strongly recommended on different colors I had a vision, and they made it a reality. They made it even better by adding new things. The side pockets and new features found on ultra series were added to exceed expectations and quality. Beyond Riders Gear is all I use including newly added protective gloves.
- Are you part of a local rider community? I joined SDESK8 early 2022 and could not stop from going to events. Kyle, Cody, and Marvin really made my first event with them welcoming and very enjoyable.
- What would you tell a new rider ahead of his first ride? Wear a helmet! Protection is key to any sport, and for me this is number 1.
- What's your preferred area for riding and why? The beach is my favorite place to ride. I live in San Diego with some of the best beaches in the world. I love the views and the feeling of trying to ride the entire shore line for as long as I can.
- What's your favorite day of the week for riding? Anyday I live in sunny San Diego where we get perfect weather for 80% of the year
- How have you first heard about Beyond Riders? Kyle and Cody in the SDESK8 group were using the jackets. I had got a few chances to look at theres and try one on and I knew I wanted one.
- What do you like most about our products? The owners are willing to continue to design to make their product the best.
- What products or features would you like us to offer next? I would like to see a change to the pant colors. All these great color jackets can be matched with different color pants. The inside pocket of the jackets would be nice to have an extended grabber for the opener of the zipper. I have struggled to get open while I have things in hand and would be a nice little upgrade.
James, thanks so much for answering these questions! Enjoy your rides and stay safe.